2023 Cryptocurrency and Taxes Update (Completed)
Date: Thursday, June 1, 2023
Instructor: Robert K Minniti
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
This course has been updated for 2023 for new developments including new laws, regulations, and tax forms.
Are you interested in how cryptocurrencies were developed and how they work? Does blockchain technology provide sufficient security for cryptocurrencies? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using cryptocurrencies? What are the tax consequences of investing in cryptocurrencies or using them for personal or business transactions?
This course is designed for individuals who would like to obtain a basic understanding of crypto currency. The course will cover the history of virtual currencies and explain how they work. We will review some of the legal issues involved with virtual currencies. The course will cover the advantages and disadvantages of using virtual currencies. We will review the IRS rules for tracking and reporting crypto currency transactions for tax purposes.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, CFEs, CMAs, CIAs, CFFs, CVAs, CGMAs, CIAs, CFFs, MAFFs, managers, business owners, investors, and anyone else interested in learning about virtual currencies.
- Basic understanding of cryptocurrency
- History of virtual currencies and explain how they work
- Review some of the legal issues involved with virtual currencies
- Advantages and disadvantages of using virtual currencies
- Review the IRS rules for tracking and reporting cryptocurrency transactions for tax purposes
- Describe cryptocurrency
- Recognize the tax implications of using or investing in cryptocurrency
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)