California Tax Update: Part 2 (Completed)
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Instructor: Eva Rosenberg
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours California Tax for CTEC
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
Join Eva Rosenberg, EA, as she walks through essential information for tax professionals preparing 2020 individual California tax returns. It will include comparisons to the IRS treatment of the California tax issues, in order to ensure that California preparers differentiate for the purposes of the California Form 540 Schedule CA.
Who Should Attend
California preparers needing to meet their CTEC qualifications for the year, as well as any tax practitioner or preparer needing to prepared California tax returns for 2020.
- CA conformity or lack of, to Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- CA resident vs non-resident
- CA marijuana-related deductions
- CA Schedule C differences
- CA depreciation differences
- CA cancellation of debt
- Tax-free exchanges — inside and outside California
- CA pensions after moving out of CA
- California Estate and Gift issues
- Using the MyFTB online system
- Recognize the specific and distinct California tax issues for California individual taxpayers, especially when California law does not conform to federal law.
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
A basic understanding of California tax.