Communications Skills Training for the CPA (Completed)
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2021
Instructor: David Osburn
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Today’s competitive and complex business environment requires the CPA to be a strong communicator. Attend this proactive seminar and learn how to effectively communicate your position!
This seminar will emphasize the “communication” process and explore techniques to improve oral communications, including telephone techniques, and written communications. The webinar will also cover the importance of the “human” side of communications including “empathy,” “ego,” and “needs.” Additionally, communications and personality types will be explored. The session will be summarized through a series of “mini-case” studies.
Who Should Attend
Sole practitioners, firm partners, CFOs, controllers, department managers, staff accountants.
- Emphasize the "communication" process
- Explore techniques to improve oral communications, including telephone techniques, and written communications
- Importance of the "human" side of communications including "empathy," "ego," and "needs."
- Communications and personality types will be explored
- Session will be summarized through a series of "mini-case" studies
- Recognize how to become a stronger communicator
- Identify the communication process
- Differentiate ways to improve oral and written communications
- Describe empathy, ego, and needs and personality types as they relate to communications
- Identify and apply seminar concepts through case analysis
NASBA Field of Study
Personnel/HR (2 hours)