Effective Tax Return & Cash Flow Analysis (Completed)
Date: Monday, June 28, 2021
Instructor: David Osburn
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Attend this proactive webinar and gain a better understanding of how tax return analysis can be used to determine an individual and company’s cash flow position. With this knowledge, the CPA will be able to help their clients improve their cash flow position, obtain financing, and/or better manage their on-going business operation.
The first part of the webinar will concentrate on “personal tax return” analysis including reviewing the “true” cash flow derived from the 1040 federal tax return (based on the various schedules and K-1 forms).
The second part will focus on the analysis of various “business tax returns” including the partnership (LLC), S corporation, and C corporation structure, analyzing business federal tax returns and prepare “cash flows” for these entities, and also creating a “global” or combined cash flow analysis (personal & business).
Who Should Attend
CPAs, CFO/controllers, financial managers, auditors, financial analysts and practitioners who provide accounting, tax or consulting services to businesses.
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
- Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Rentals and Home Offices
- Employer Provided Benefits including "Qualified Retirement Plans" and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Planning Strategies including "Defined Benefit" Plans & Captive Insurance
- Estate Planning Issues including Gift Taxes
- Year-End Tax Strategies
- Recent Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners including the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" (TCJA), SECURE Act, and CARES Act
- Differentiate an individual and company's cash flow position using tax return analysis to improve cash flow, obtain financing, and/or improve business operation
- Calculate personal cash flow using 1040 tax return (including schedules and K-1s)
- Recognize business tax returns including partnership (LLC), S corporations, C corporations and prepare cash flows from these entities; calculate global or combined personal and business cash flow analysis
- Identify risk factors using the returns; review real estate issues, retirement plans and HSAs, estate planning issues, and year-end tax strategies
- Describe tax code updates and ways to use the tax returns to market the CPA practice
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (2 hours)