Estate and Gift Taxation and Preparing Form 706 and 709 (Full-Day Webinar) (Completed)
Date: Thursday, August 5, 2021
Instructor: Steven G. Siegel
||7:00am Pacific Time
8:00am Mountain Time
9:00am Central Time
10:00am Eastern Time
||8 hours for CPAs
8 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
8 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
8 hours Estate Planning for CFP
This full-day course provides a description of the rules associated with the federal gift tax and the federal estate tax. It will go through what must be included, what can be excluded and what can be deducted. The course will examine in detail Forms 706 and 709, section by section, and will address how each Form must be prepared. It will also present planning suggestions to minimize taxation wherever possible.
Partial credit will not be awarded for attendees that are not present for the entirety of the webinar.
This course is excluded from the following subscription programs:
Value Pass, Self-Study Package, Webinar Package, Self-Study & Webinar Package, and Firm Package.
Who Should Attend
This course is essential for CPAs, CFPs, enrolled agents, estate planners, tax attorneys and other professionals who advise clients on tax, retirement and estate planning, and other wealth management matters.
- Transfers Subject to the Gift Tax
- Transfers That Are Not Subject to the Gift Tax
- Exclusions from the Gift Tax
- Gift-Splitting by Spouses
- Available Gift Tax Deductions
- Valuation of Gifts
- Avoiding Gift Treatment by Using Disclaimers
- Statutes of Limitations and the Adequate Disclosure Rules
- Preparing Form 709
- Ascertaining Whether a Federal Estate Tax Return May Be Required and Other Post-Mortem Tax Planning
- Dealing with Form 706 and the Preliminary Decisions to Be Considered Early During Administration
- Filling Out the Asset and Deduction Schedules of Form 706
- Addressing the Importance of Portability
- Proper Use of the Marital and Charitable Deductions
- Consideration of GST Issues and the Reverse QTIP Election
- Preparing Form 706
- Identify basic characteristics and elements of the federal gift and estate tax
- Recognize how to address important planning issues arising with each tax
- Review in detail the mechanics of preparing Forms 706 and 709
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (8 hours)
Basic knowledge of federal income taxation and wealth transfer rules.