Highlights for Passthrough Entities (Completed)
Date: Friday, January 21, 2022
Instructor: Greg White
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
Join experienced instructor Greg White for a high-speed overview that will focus on the qualified business income deduction (QBID) and how that works for specific partnership, S corp, and LLC clients. This course will give you the overview you need on these vital topics to help you prepare for the 2021 tax year.
Who Should Attend
EAs, tax professionals, and CPAs in industry and public accounting who need a thorough understanding of how the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will affect 2020 returns and planning.
- Qualified Opportunity Funds: QOFs
- Eligible Gains— "Shoe Horning" into QOF Benefits
- Different Types of QOFs
- When Does the 180‐Day Clock Start Ticking?
- Carried Interests
- QBID ‐‐ Overview
- SSTB Income
- Breaking Free of "Business‐by‐Business" Limit Aggregation
- Who's Subject to §163(j)?
- Entities that Are Subject to §163(j): "Siloed" Interest Expense
- CARES Act and §163(j)
- Do Real Estate Rentals Qualify for QBID?
- IRS Seems Unsure
- Clearing the Fog: Triple Net Leases and the 2nd Circuit
- Revenue Procedure 2019‐38 — Safe Harbor
- Identify how to advise clients on TCJA and CARES Act
- Recognize and apply the new effective tax rates and 20% deduction for K-1 income
- Describe tax incentives provided
- Recognize the current C Corporation Tax Rates
- Identify referenced court cases found that the rental real estate in question was in fact a business
- Describe the different types of QOFs
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation concepts.