How to Analyze Financial Statements (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Instructor: Miles Hutchinson
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
How did your business unit perform last year? What’s the trend in your key business segments over the last three to five years? How can this information help you identify the key things you need to focus on in the upcoming year? Do you struggle with the language of business? How well do you understand terms like, Top Line Growth, Gross Margin, Gross Profit, Return on Capital, Liquidity, Financial Leverage, EBITDA, Cash flow from Operations, Free Cash Flow, etc.?
Join Miles Hutchinson, CGMA, as he shows you how to analyze the numbers and use this intel to juice up virtually every facet of your organization’s operations from sales and marketing, to finance, HR, and customer service. Use our proven model to quickly assess the financial condition and results of operations of any business using trend and ratio analysis. Join C-suites and business analysts from around the country and empower your team to maximize the benefit from your crystal clear understanding of the numbers.
Who Should Attend
Financial Executives, HR Managers, Accounting Managers, Department Managers, and Business Unit Managers.
- Components of the annual report of a prominent publicly traded company
- Use the annual report to perform a fundamental financial analysis
- The various types of financial analysis and their purpose
- Key ratios to evaluate a company's liquidity, leverage and operating performance
- Key benchmarks to help determine how a company's ratios compare with their competitors
- Horizontal and vertical analysis and how they can be used to identify key interrelationships and trends
- Receive benchmark information to use in determining the quality of your analyses
- Learn about resources available to perform comparative studies between companies in the same economic sector — even private companies
- Recognize how to analyze the numbers, and use this intel to juice up virtually every facet of your organization's operations from marketing, to finance, to HR, to customer service and sales
- Identify and apply a proven model to quickly assess the financial condition and results of operations of any business using trend and ratio analysis
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (2 hours)