IRS Examinations of Cash Businesses (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Instructor: Eric L Green
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
In this two-hour CPE webinar with highly regarded tax controversy expert Eric L. Green, Esq., of Green & Sklarz, LLC, you will receive an in-depth review of the current IRS focus, including which industries have seen the most activity and the techniques being employed by the IRS examiners.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, EAs, tax preparers who work with cash-based business clients.
- The "Tax Gap" and what it means to your clients
- How the IRS audits cash-based businesses
- What records and documentation will be needed on audit
- What businesses are getting the most attention?
- How to answer "creative" approaches to assign income by IRS auditors
- Recognize the potential areas subject to audit when a client is a cash-based business
- Identify how to prepare for an IRS audit of a cash-based business
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of federal income taxation of individuals and businesses.