Money Laundering (Completed)
Date: Thursday, August 5, 2021
Instructor: Robert K Minniti
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
We have all heard of money laundering but did you ever wonder how it works? This course is designed to review the issue of money laundering. Examples of actual money laundering cases will be provided so participants can understand how these frauds are being committed and how they were uncovered.
We will review various methodologies for detecting money laundering schemes and will discuss developing internal controls to help prevent and detect money laundering schemes. We will review some of the legal issues involved in money laundering and how this could affect your business.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, CFEs, CFFs, MAFFs, CGMAs, CMAs, CIAs, CFOs, CEOs, business owners, business managers, internal auditors, external auditors, corporate accountants, government accountants and risk management personnel.
- Review various methodologies for detecting money laundering schemes
- Develop internal controls to help prevent and detect money laundering schemes
- Review some of the legal issues involved in money laundering
- How Money Laundering could affect your business.
- Identify methodologies for detecting money laundering
- Recognize how to design internal controls to prevent and detect money laundering
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (1 hour), Auditing (1 hour)