Monthly Tax Update (January) (Completed)
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Instructor: Annette Nellen
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
These monthly update webinars provide an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislation, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
Join tax expert, Annette Nellen, as she emphasizes the updates most relevant to individuals and small businesses. This course will cover federal developments and issues, as well as key state and multistate changes likely to have a broad impact. We encourage you to register each month to stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a strong foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Who Should Attend
Practitioners at all levels looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- Key changes by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (PL 116-260, 12/27/20)
- The latest IRS guidance under the COVID-19 tax legislative changes
- Top 5 2020 Form 1040 changes
- Recent rulings on income, deductions and losses
- FBAR developments
- Final QTF expense disallowance regs
- Final small business accounting method regs
- Final interest tracing regulations
- Practice and procedure updates
- Due diligence lessons from recent rulings
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies and the courts
- Recognize law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.