Upcoming Technologies for Accountants Including Blockchain, AI, & Big Data
Author: Stephen M. Yoss
||4 hours for CPAs
Unlike mainstream technologies in use in businesses every day, there are upcoming technologies which have the potential to drastically change how we work, live, and play in the years ahead. New and upcoming technologies such as blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning all offer great potential, just as the advent of the personal computer did some four decades ago. This session will cover an assortment of technologies which are nearing mainstream adoption and help you understand what they do, how they work, as well as some of the potential risks and rewards they offer potential users, particularly in business environments.
In this course, you will learn the basics of blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. You will also learn about the anticipated uses, benefits, risks, and threats posed to legacy businesses by these innovative, yet disruptive platforms. Now is the time to prepare for the future by learning about these technologies and how they will impact – and potentially disrupt – current business practices.
This course is going to focus on the technology and real-world applications of blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, and artificial intelligence. It will not discuss the tax, legal, or ethical impact of these technologies. This course is ideal for financial professionals that are looking to build working knowledge on these topics and find useful ways of applying them to their organizations.
Publication Date: October 2019
financial professionals that are looking to build working knowledge on these topics and find useful ways of applying them to their organizations.
- Basics of blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
- Anticipated uses, benefits, risks, and threats posed to legacy businesses by these innovative, yet disruptive platforms
- Focus on the technology and real-world applications of blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, and artificial intelligence
- Identify which upcoming technologies will impact you in the coming year and learn how to incorporate the new developments into your existing workflows
- Describe Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Cryptocurrency, Big Data, and Machine Learning
- Recognize the various methods of data analytics and how they are used in business reporting
- Identify the major similarities and differences between Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning
- Describe examples of Potential Use Cases for Each of the Technologies Discussed in this Session and Identify How These Technologies Differ from Current Practices
- Describe examples of benefits and risks associated with using cryptocurrencies, big data, and artificial intelligence
- Identify leading-edge emerging technology relating to the physical world
- Identify a digital ledger of transactions
- Identify risks as they relate to blockchain
- Recognize AI powered meeting scheduling tool
- Describe the 5 V's of big data
- Identify a characteristic of a data warehouse vs. a data lake
- Describe cleverbot
NASBA Field of Study
Information Technology (4 hours)